What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of containers with Bard Outfit pieces

DjengoPengo

Since installing the creation i keep running into containers filled with expensive bard outfit pieces,
i keep finding them all over, most of the time there's 2 pairs of boots, 2 outfits and nothing else in the chests.
For items this expensive it seems a bit unbalanced.
Is there anyway for me to fix this?

ScreenShot7.png

Solution
Hey there - back with some news here.

Been puzzling over this yesterday, and it turns out that this is actually correct vanilla behaviour - and not a conflict. The dressers in Skyrim use the same levelled list injection as regular store vendors, which explains why some items appear duplicated (I also tested on vanilla Skyrim to compare, with Bard not installed, and saw the same duplication of items available in dressers).

Our Bard outfits are set to spawn at the same rates as the CC backpacks, and this has been double-checked yesterday as well - so it doesn't appear to be a bug. I know that doesn't really answer your original question, but I wanted to make sure I was sharing the correct information and clear up any confusion relating...
Hello welcome to the forums! Could you provide some example locations, or is it literally everywhere?

Best guess initially is there might be SPID in use, particularly if any automated patching is set up. Link to that for reference:

Attaching load order/plugins txt would also be helpful, if on PC.

I will play some more tonight and post where i find it.
Just now i found it in a dresser in Fellglow keep. ( the attached screenshot) the first time i found this exact combination of items was in the interior of the Dainty Sload, not sure what kind of container it was.

I am not sure what you mean with the SPID, should i use that to fix it?

I am not sure what you mean with the SPID, should i use that to fix it?
It shouldn't be necessary, it's just one possible cause as I believe it's capable of having specific items bulk added at runtime automatically to containers or leveled lists. If it were to be in use, it's the first thing I'd check

All right, i finished Fellglow keep, i tracked the one interior cell, so without the dungeon interior.
I found the following:

Bard Boots: 6 pair.
Bard Outfit: 6.
Bard Backpack: 3.
Bard Hat: 3.

Across 4 dressers, 1 wardrobe and 1 cupboard.

This had to be the worst one:
1724407533408.png

All right, i finished Fellglow keep, i tracked the one interior cell, so without the dungeon interior.
I found the following:

Bard Boots: 6 pair.
Bard Outfit: 6.
Bard Backpack: 3.
Bard Hat: 3.

Across 4 dressers, 1 wardrobe and 1 cupboard.

This had to be the worst one:
View attachment 27
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

I can confirm that this definitely seems to be a mod conflict - I scoured every container in that location and could not reproduce this, as I only found one backpack in the whole area. The mod you suggested sounds like it only affects containers with a lock - does it add locks to things like cupboards? I'll take a look at your plugins list, thanks for sending that over!

Hmm, it does not add locks to other containers, i disabled the mod but still found lots of bard related gear in formerly unexplored interior cells.
I have no idea which other mod might affect this.

To clarify - finding some outfits are to be expected, in that we make them eligible to show up as loot in the same manner as vanilla outfits. But finding that many in one single location is definitely not supposed to happen.

I'll need to look into this further and get back to you - thanks for the head's up. If you find any other specific locations that seem particularly affected to that same degree (or more), please let me know.

Edit - no need for a save file, I can reproduce this with some of these mods.

Last edited:
Hey there - back with some news here.

Been puzzling over this yesterday, and it turns out that this is actually correct vanilla behaviour - and not a conflict. The dressers in Skyrim use the same levelled list injection as regular store vendors, which explains why some items appear duplicated (I also tested on vanilla Skyrim to compare, with Bard not installed, and saw the same duplication of items available in dressers).

Our Bard outfits are set to spawn at the same rates as the CC backpacks, and this has been double-checked yesterday as well - so it doesn't appear to be a bug. I know that doesn't really answer your original question, but I wanted to make sure I was sharing the correct information and clear up any confusion relating to potential conflicts.

Solution
Back