What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Start the expansion

Abnur_Tharn

Hi there, I've head BCE installed for some time and I can't get it to work. Helvana never approaches me anywhere. tried doing tending the flame quest and coming back to major cities but she doesn't spawn. I can't find her using console commands either. I've checked multiple times and the mod is active in my load order. I don't have any incompatible mods either and I've already gotten a patch for interesting NPCs

any help would be appreciated

Edit: I play on PC with Mod organizer 2

Hi there, I've head BCE installed for some time and I can't get it to work. Helvana never approaches me anywhere. tried doing tending the flame quest and coming back to major cities but she doesn't spawn. I can't find her using console commands either. I've checked multiple times and the mod is active in my load order. I don't have any incompatible mods either and I've already gotten a patch for interesting NPCs

any help would be appreciated

Edit: I play on PC with Mod organizer 2
Hi there, and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your experience here - I just want to clarify what exactly the triggers are.

- If Tending the Flames is completed before installation - as in, the Edda was handed in and the Burning of King Olaf has been attended etc - then Helvana should indeed come and find you next time you enter a city. If you are already in a city when you install it, you may need to travel to another to trigger her.

- If the player has triggered Tending the Flames before installation - but not yet completed it - (so, if it's active in the journal at all), the above rule applies.

- If the player has not yet done Tending the Flames at all, and triggers it by speaking to Viarmo after BCE is installed, Helvana should greet you as soon as you exit the college.

If your mod organiser displays the creation as being active - have you also checked in the in-game Creations menu? As sometimes you have to enable it there too.

Hi there, and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your experience here - I just want to clarify what exactly the triggers are.

- If Tending the Flames is completed before installation - as in, the Edda was handed in and the Burning of King Olaf has been attended etc - then Helvana should indeed come and find you next time you enter a city. If you are already in a city when you install it, you may need to travel to another to trigger her.

- If the player has triggered Tending the Flames before installation - but not yet completed it - (so, if it's active in the journal at all), the above rule applies.

- If the player has not yet done Tending the Flames at all, and triggers it by speaking to Viarmo after BCE is installed, Helvana should greet you as soon as you exit the college.

If your mod organiser displays the creation as being active - have you also checked in the in-game Creations menu? As sometimes you have to enable it there too.

I just tried again without MO2 but I'm still not seeing her anywhere. could it be because I downgraded my skyrim's version? all the other CC and AE content work on 1.6.640 but I'm not sure about BCE

thank you for the reply

Hi there! Bards College Expansion requires game version 1.6.1130 or later out of the box so that may be your issue. Are you using the mod BEES? That should allow BCE to work on older game versions if you are looking to remain on the older version. Note that you will still need some files from the newer game version though, such as the new version of Skyrim - Misc.bsa even if you are running BEES.

Hi there! Bards College Expansion requires game version 1.6.1130 or later out of the box so that may be your issue. Are you using the mod BEES? That should allow BCE to work on older game versions if you are looking to remain on the older version. Note that you will still need some files from the newer game version though, such as the new version of Skyrim - Misc.bsa even if you are running BEES.
Talos be praised. installing BEES fixed my issue. I checked with console commands and this time the mod was loaded and Helvana spawned a few minutes later. THANK YOU, I've been looking for a fix for days

Talos be praised. installing BEES fixed my issue. I checked with console commands and this time the mod was loaded and Helvana spawned a few minutes later. THANK YOU, I've been looking for a fix for days
just keep an eye out as you may run into a bit of oddness later without the extra files depending on the exact method of downgrading from what I saw in that other thread

just keep an eye out as you may run into a bit of oddness later without the extra files depending on the exact method of downgrading from what I saw in that other thread
Just saw the other thread. I did update my misc.bsa but now I have another issue. duel dialogues are bugged and only show "..." as their option.

Back