What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NPC responsible for giving the quest from the mod doesn't appear for me.

Ludwig

The NPC responsible for giving the quest from the mod doesn't appear for me. I am on the latest version of Skyrim, and the mod is clearly active, as new bards are showing up in inns and new items can be found in dungeons and shops. However, when I enter a city, nothing happens. I’ve also tried going to the college and getting the bard quest from the High Elf, but again, nothing happens, and the NPC that is supposed to appear doesn’t show up.

I play on PC and have a few mods installed. They are all non-intrusive, and none of them alter vanilla quests or structures in Solitude, except for Open Cities. Since I’m a Portuguese speaker, I also installed a translation.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Hi there - can you please attach your plugins.txt file? Additionally, a papyrus log maybe identify the problem if Helvana is not greeting you when you leave the college after triggering that vanilla quest.

To enable papyrus logging, there is some information here.

Thank you for getting back to me - I have added your issue to our internal tracker for investigation. If possible, could you please include a save file as well? Sorry - forgot to ask for that!

Sounds good, I’ll wait for the internal tracker analysis. Unfortunately, I couldn’t attach a game save because it’s too large. Anyway, thanks for your help so far!

Last edited:
Thank you for getting back to me - I have added your issue to our internal tracker for investigation. If possible, could you please include a save file as well? Sorry - forgot to ask for that!
I found a solution! It's not ideal, but it's enough to start the main quest. Near the Bards College in Solitude, close to a bush, there's an invisible door labeled "Open Solitude." When you go through this door, you exit at the exact same spot, and from there, Helvana appears. I also noticed that NPC duplicates from the Bards College come out of this door as well.

Attachments

• 1200px-BluePalace.jpg
    1200px-BluePalace.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 5
Back