What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helvana won't join me inside Dead Man's Respite

xMik3x

Greetings, I recently started the bard's college quest line and Helvana talked to me outside, I told her to wait for me at Dead Man's Respite, in the meantime I did a few other quests and when I got around to the place, she just stands near the entrance and just gives me brief dialogues, when I go inside she doesn't join me, I reached the end where you defeat Olaf and she's still not joining me.

I don't know much about the mod yet, but I did saw a brief video where she does join you inside, so I'm thinking there's something going on.

Any clues as to what's happening?

Solution
Hi there! From the log it looks like you're missing scripts from the resource pack added to the base game in the December update, 1.6.1130. Did you downgrade your game to an older version by chance? If so you'll want to still use the file "Skyrim - Misc.bsa" from game version 1.6.1130 or later, otherwise most of our quest content will not function properly.
Greetings, I recently started the bard's college quest line and Helvana talked to me outside, I told her to wait for me at Dead Man's Respite, in the meantime I did a few other quests and when I got around to the place, she just stands near the entrance and just gives me brief dialogues, when I go inside she doesn't join me, I reached the end where you defeat Olaf and she's still not joining me.

I don't know much about the mod yet, but I did saw a brief video where she does join you inside, so I'm thinking there's something going on.

Any clues as to what's happening?
Hi there, thanks for your report. She should have dialogue from her position outside of Dead Men's Respite, and then she should walk inside with you. Are you playing on PC or XBOX?

Hi there, thanks for your report. She should have dialogue from her position outside of Dead Men's Respite, and then she should walk inside with you. Are you playing on PC or XBOX?
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'm playing on PC and to be fair, I do have a 2k+ modlist so there's bound to be some conflicts, I did download the patches provided on Nexus prior to start the bards college quests, I tried using "recycleactor" just to see if it'll progress but nothing came of it.

Is there any known conflicts with certain mods?

if you are running GTS- gate to sovenguard - there is a known issue that has been submitted that stops npc's from pathing in
This should not affect vanilla cells, like Dead Men's Respite.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'm playing on PC and to be fair, I do have a 2k+ modlist so there's bound to be some conflicts, I did download the patches provided on Nexus prior to start the bards college quests, I tried using "recycleactor" just to see if it'll progress but nothing came of it.

Is there any known conflicts with certain mods?
If you console move her into the dungeon, does she attempt to path back outside and stand where she was, or does she just stand there and not move?

Additionally - could you please provide your papyrus log? Here is how to enable logging if you don't already have it:

If you have a mod such as More Informative Console in that collection, it may allow you to select her and then view her current package. If you're able to do this, I'd appreciate if you could post that here too.

This should not affect vanilla cells, like Dead Men's Respite.

If you console move her into the dungeon, does she attempt to path back outside and stand where she was, or does she just stand there and not move?

Additionally - could you please provide your papyrus log? Here is how to enable logging if you don't already have it:

If you have a mod such as More Informative Console in that collection, it may allow you to select her and then view her current package. If you're able to do this, I'd appreciate if you could post that here too.
Apologies for the delay, but I got the data as requested, and yes if I try to move her inside she will path back outside, I noticed the logs mention script errors but I'm not an expert on this area,

I just tried to upload a .txt version of the log, unfortunately it says the file is too large (1,347KB)

-----------

Nevermind, used a .zip file to compress it, here it is:

Attachments

Thank you for the assistance, it's appreciated! Regarding her package information, if you hold the shift button and move your cursor onto the arrow at the bottom of that information panel, it should scroll down the list and reveal the package ID in that window.

Thank you for the assistance, it's appreciated! Regarding her package information, if you hold the shift button and move your cursor onto the arrow at the bottom of that information panel, it should scroll down the list and reveal the package ID in that window.
Ooops, didn't know you could do that lol, here's the package information:

I also checked with MCM if RDO was applying dialogue to her but it looks like it isn't, takes the NPC as not compatible I think.

Attachments

• 20240908044559_1.jpg
    20240908044559_1.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi there! From the log it looks like you're missing scripts from the resource pack added to the base game in the December update, 1.6.1130. Did you downgrade your game to an older version by chance? If so you'll want to still use the file "Skyrim - Misc.bsa" from game version 1.6.1130 or later, otherwise most of our quest content will not function properly.

Solution
Thanks for everyone's help! That was indeed the problem, I only used the latest version to buy the mod and then moved it to my old 1.6.353 version of the game.

I've tried to update recently to 1.6.1170 but some SKSE plugins just refuse to work even when updating them, hopefully I'll get it working eventually, thanks to everyone once again!

Back