What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Requiem Quest: Speak with Volgaafsonaan

Tybrus

In the this quest the marker returns us to the start of chill water hallow. However trying to walk back from the start leads to a dead end with two doors you can’t open. I can find no other way in. Please help so I can finish this quest.

Solution
It's actually before you get to that first chamber (the one with the dead trolls and the first crystal you break) - apologies, I had tried to upload a screenshot but the file size was too big, hadn't realized it failed to upload there.

The exit door is before that point - so enter the cave itself, and you should see the path branch to the right shortly after you enter.

Hopefully this file works... And here is another angle, with the cave entrance circled, and the path to follow here (so as you enter the cave, this would be on your right).
Welcome to the forums! See here for tips & walkthrough with spoilers under "Chillwater Hollow", "Dungeon Path - Speedrun"

Welcome to the forums! See here for tips & walkthrough with spoilers under "Chillwater Hollow", "Dungeon Path - Speedrun"
That is great but the door you have to run through at the start won’t open on the second tip. Not sure if it’s I am in light armor with perks and don’t trip the door sensor but can’t get a companion to trigger it either and it worked the first time through.

That is great but the door you have to run through at the start won’t open on the second tip. Not sure if it’s I am in light armor with perks and don’t trip the door sensor but can’t get a companion to trigger it either and it worked the first time through.
There is a shortcut exit from the lair, at the far side of the cave behind Volgaafsonaan, which saves you having to go through the whole dungeon again. However that's unusual about the door not working the second time - I'll see if I can reproduce that.

To clarify - is this the puzzle where you must whirlwind sprint over that pressure plate to open the door? Just want to make sure I will be testing the correct one.

There is a shortcut exit from the lair, at the far side of the cave behind Volgaafsonaan, which saves you having to go through the whole dungeon again. However that's unusual about the door not working the second time - I'll see if I can reproduce that.

To clarify - is this the puzzle where you must whirlwind sprint over that pressure plate to open the door? Just want to make sure I will be testing the correct one.

Correct, the door opened the first time I did the mission and had the NPC with me, but going back this time to speak to him it will not open again.

Where is the back door locations I know I used it when I left but I didn’t pay attention. I swam around the entire iceberg and couldn’t spot a way back in.

If you exited out of that shortcut, then that door should be unlocked fortunately. To find it on your return trip:

1. Enter the dungeon cave entrance.
2. Turn right, I believe it's the very first right you can take.
3. There should be doors here, which will lead you back through the treasure room and into the lair.

If you exited out of that shortcut, then that door should be unlocked fortunately. To find it on your return trip:

3. There should be doors here, which will lead you back through the treasure room and into the lair.
yup its right by the entrance

Ahh the other door that is looked and won’t open. The one just up the steps. It too is locked on the return trip. Thank you for the help I really don’t know why both of those doors are locked / broken

yup its right by the entrance
So I’m not just missing this, you go in turn right past the crystals you popped and down the hall. Just as you come out of that tunnel there is a door just up some steps to the right. This door is closed and does not respond to anything. I am pretty sure this is the door I came out of after the main quest. It is however closed and I can’t get in. If it go past that door under the scaffolding and down that hall I get to the door that should open with a pressure plate. That plate no longer works to open the door. Both doors are closed and do not respond to anything.

Thank all of you for the help on this, it is much appreciated.

It's actually before you get to that first chamber (the one with the dead trolls and the first crystal you break) - apologies, I had tried to upload a screenshot but the file size was too big, hadn't realized it failed to upload there.

The exit door is before that point - so enter the cave itself, and you should see the path branch to the right shortly after you enter.

Hopefully this file works... And here is another angle, with the cave entrance circled, and the path to follow here (so as you enter the cave, this would be on your right).

Attachments

• ScreenShot11.png
    ScreenShot11.png
    322.3 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot12.png
    ScreenShot12.png
    335.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Solution

Oh my good thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much. I can’t believe I missed that this whole time. Thank you all for your help and patience

No worries! I hope these remain unlocked for you, please do let me know if there's a problem and we can take a look.
You were amazing and the pressure pad still doesn’t work to get back into the main dungeon but that’s ok no need to go back in their.

This was an amazing DLC fully worthy of the other DLC fo Skyrim. I love this and it will be part of any play through I do.

Back