What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug: Phantom Form breaks Undying Ghost

Olaus

After using the Phantom Form shout, the next time I cast the Conjure Undying Ghost spell, it appeared in my clothing instead of its usual clothing. On subsequent summons, it is naked. This seems to be persistent and is not recovering after closing the game or summoning various other things in between.

Solution
Hi there! I'm able to reproduce this issue, thank you for the report. The first patch for BCE is pending release, but a fix for this should make it into patch 2.
I am having the same issue with undying ghost spawning with no clothing on and at times taking the same form as my character. I believe the glitch is tied to the new phantom shout

Attachments

• 20240822_201255.jpg
    20240822_201255.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 2
Great to hear this has been fixed. I wonder if whoever patched it would be so kind as to explain some of the details? The patch notes says they worked around a base Skyrim bug. It's out of scope for BCE, but is this a bug that would be fixable by some other mod? Or is it a problem in the core executable?

Hey there! The bug is definitely with the executable so not the easiest fix. It was an unfortunate combination of things, where if you swapped the outfit of a summon via a script on their actor base, it could stick to later summons whether they use the same or different base. To fix this, we've reverted summons outfits to their original, added a check on the script to ensure it only fires on the intended phantom base actor, and moved it to fire from an active magic effect rather than directly from the actor. The latter two both fix this going forward on their own even, and the former is so that the fix works retroactively.

Play on XBOX ONE and im making an additional post here because i found a secondary bug/glitch with the phantom form shout. as of this posting i have found that after a time using the "Summon Sledrig" Shout spawns sledrig without clothing as well.

Back