What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rod is Seriously Inconsistent Firing Off/Switching Shouts

ETSubmariner

I've found using that the rod is seriously inconsistent "firing off" when I use it. When it do get it to finally cooperate it works just fine, but pulling it out later, it seems to resent being used to switch to the next shout. In this case, the three beginning shouts we first learn. It seems stuck on Unrelenting Force.

When it works I use the rod like any other staff, it shows a visual effect around the character, the shout "switch sound" happens, and Bob's your uncle, no problem, BUT many times (especially when switching to the rod) it won't switch from unrelenting shout OR show a visual effect (which tells me the rod isn't working).

Maybe I need to NOT have Unrelenting Shout already selected when I pull out the rod? Do I need to have a weapon or spell in the other hand? I mean, the current Chant has its uses, but not always, so I do switch up. What is the actual key to get the rod to do its thing 100% of the time?

Instead of equipping the rod try equipping the chant power it auto sets your rod up

Wait, Chant Power? As is a regular Power item? I did not see that! Will try it. That would be good. I LOVE the Chant thing, but inconsistency . . . yeesh. lol

I was in the Wolfskull cave in the drop down area when I used a Earthstone on the dead guy, Chant working just fine, and my followers starting using their bows pointing up in to the sky because that dead guy went flying just like in the vid! lol

I've found using that the rod is seriously inconsistent "firing off" when I use it. When it do get it to finally cooperate it works just fine, but pulling it out later, it seems to resent being used to switch to the next shout. In this case, the three beginning shouts we first learn. It seems stuck on Unrelenting Force.

When it works I use the rod like any other staff, it shows a visual effect around the character, the shout "switch sound" happens, and Bob's your uncle, no problem, BUT many times (especially when switching to the rod) it won't switch from unrelenting shout OR show a visual effect (which tells me the rod isn't working).

Maybe I need to NOT have Unrelenting Shout already selected when I pull out the rod? Do I need to have a weapon or spell in the other hand? I mean, the current Chant has its uses, but not always, so I do switch up. What is the actual key to get the rod to do its thing 100% of the time?
Hi there - when you next run into this issue, can you please post your papyrus.0.log ?

If you're not sure how to enable papyrus logging, here is a guide.

Ok, just did like 10 rounds of consistent Chants in a row in rapid fire succession once I found that Power you mentioned! I did discover I need the rod equipped already as the Power didn't auto equip it, but yup, that Power worked very nicely to keep up the pace. and does so consistently!

When the Arch Bard said using it can be draining, what did he mean? Magicka and/or Stamina? Barely touched my character's stats, so maybe a debuff of some kind?

Last edited:
Ok, just did like 10 rounds of consistent Chants in a row in rapid fire succession once I found that Power you mentioned! I did discover I need the rod equipped already as the Power didn't auto equip it, but yup, that Power worked very nicely to keep up the pace. and does so consistently!

When the Arch Bard said using it can be draining, what did he mean? Magicka and/or Stamina? Barely touched my character's stats, so maybe a debuff of some kind?
The default rod you start with works off magika but if you are a super high magika character you can easily outrun chant of ravaging. Some more intense chants need huge magika though

Back