What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about chant

Flowrifto

Hi! First of all, I have to say this is one of the greatest Skyrim adventure I've had the chance to partake in in a while. The dungeons and their traps / trials are amazing. That being said, I come here for a bit of clarification on one mechanic in particular: chants. So, I finished the quest "Requiem" and I still have only one chant, the chant of ravaging if I'm not mistaken. How do you unlock more? Is the table / altar in the pocket realm related to this mechanic? This tabe never was used for anything in my playthrough.

Solution
Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Certain chants are tied to certain shouts that the Dragonborn knows. As Sledrig mentioned, more books with "eligible" chants should appear on the altar as you unlock them. To give you a hint, there are different types of chants and they all use elements from different shouts. With the Ravaging one we get in the questline, it's a combination of Unrelenting Force, Whirlwind Sprint, and Earthsong. In a similar fashion, other chants become available once you meet their criteria. (To give you an example of how this works: "Chant of Breaths" requires Unrelenting Force, Frost Breath, and Fire Breath). Once you know at least one word of each of these shouts, the chant book should spawn on the altar.

There...

Certain chants are tied to certain shouts that the Dragonborn knows. As Sledrig mentioned, more books with "eligible" chants should appear on the altar as you unlock them. To give you a hint, there are different types of chants and they all use elements from different shouts. With the Ravaging one we get in the questline, it's a combination of Unrelenting Force, Whirlwind Sprint, and Earthsong. In a similar fashion, other chants become available once you meet their criteria. (To give you an example of how this works: "Chant of Breaths" requires Unrelenting Force, Frost Breath, and Fire Breath). Once you know at least one word of each of these shouts, the chant book should spawn on the altar.

There are several other chants you can learn - so I would encourage you to explore and see what else you can unlock! They should appear on the altar each time.

Additionally, you may have found three books called "Ah, Bah, and Krah" that appeared once you finished the quest. Reading these allows you to make up your own chant, utilizing a combination of three shouts of your choosing. You can "reset" your made-up chant and try another combination by re-reading the books.

Solution

There are several other chants you can learn - so I would encourage you to explore and see what else you can unlock! They should appear on the altar each time.

Additionally, you may have found three books called "Ah, Bah, and Krah" that appeared once you finished the quest. Reading these allows you to make up your own chant, utilizing a combination of three shouts of your choosing. You can "reset" your made-up chant and try another combination by re-reading the books.
That's what I thought indeed, thank you! I started a new character so I only had the basic shouts. I didn't find these books you mentioned however, but I'll be on the lookout for them.
Thanks for your help and your quick answer!

While I'm here, I'll ask. Is there a way post-Requiem to open the three locked room with burning words of power near the entrance (found at the end of the dungeons and in the pocket realm)?

That's what I thought indeed, thank you! I started a new character so I only had the basic shouts. I didn't find these books you mentioned however, but I'll be on the lookout for them.

While I'm here, I'll ask. Is there a way post-Requiem to open the three locked room with burning words of power near the entrance (found at the end of the dungeons and in the pocket realm)?
the door to each is locked and needs to be shouted at with unrelenting forrce plus the resonance crystal

No problem - those three "Ah, Bah, and Krah" should definitely have appeared if Requiem has been completed - if they do not spawn next time you visit the Sanctuary afterwards please let me know.

As Killjoy mentioned, this door requires a special resonating shout, as do the other word walls present in the Bard-added dungeons (in both Stonesong Grotto and Volgaafsonaan's Lair).

No problem - those three "Ah, Bah, and Krah" should definitely have appeared if Requiem has been completed - if they do not spawn next time you visit the Sanctuary afterwards please let me know.

As Killjoy mentioned, this door requires a special resonating shout, as do the other word walls present in the Bard-added dungeons (in both Stonesong Grotto and Volgaafsonaan's Lair).
The books have spawned, so everything is working as intended!

Back