What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modpack: "Gate to Sovngarde" End Quest Issue *Spoilers*

Sambe

I'm on the part of the quest: " A Dragon's Dirge" where you are supposed to join Helvana and Sledrig in using unrelenting force to shout at the frozen Dragon.

I am repeatedly shouting at the dragon with the two of them joining me, and nothing is happening.

I did have Stormcrown installed (It's a Vinilla+ Shout overhaul) but I uninstalled it and its still not working.

Does anyone know the quest code and the stage I need to set it to so I can continue or a possible fix?

Solution
Specifically it is four of the turning animations included in Archery Gameplay Overhaul. They seem to have been improperly converted to Special Edition. I've taken the LE version of the animations and reconverted them here.
Hi there, sorry you're experiencing this issue. You say that both of them shout alongside you, do Sledrig and/or Helvana say anything after they do so? And if so what do they say? Since you're also using some other mods would you be able to provide use your plugins.txt file? It may be caused by a mod conflict of some kind.

Hi there, sorry you're experiencing this issue. You say that both of them shout alongside you, do Sledrig and/or Helvana say anything after they do so? And if so what do they say? Since you're also using some other mods would you be able to provide use your plugins.txt file? It may be caused by a mod conflict of some kind.
Here you go, It's a lot of mods.

I'm using a slightly modified version of Jayserpa's modpack: Gate to Sovngarde (https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/qdurkx)

Also, Sledrig and Helvana aren't saying anything they are just shouting every time I shout.

Here's a link to a Video of the issue:

Attachments

Last edited:
Hmm okay, appreciate the video by the way. Super helpful to see exactly what's happening. Did you complete Helvana's side quest, Resonance? That scene should play a little differently if you have. If not it largely appears correct and I will have a look over the mod list.

Hmm okay, appreciate the video by the way. Super helpful to see exactly what's happening. Did you complete Helvana's side quest, Resonance? That scene should play a little differently if you have. If not it largely appears correct and I will have a look over the mod list.

I think so, is that the quest where she gains the ability to shout? If so then yes I did.

Very strange. My guess is Helvana is being ripped out of the shout scene before it completes properly. The exact cause will take some digging to figure out but a failsafe can be made quickly at least. The failsafe will make it into patch 2, if not the proper fix.

In the meantime if you'd like to progress the quest, you should be safe to enter "setstage kgcbard_mq06 95" in the console. That will set things to be right after the full shouting together sequences.

If you're up for sending a bit more info would you be able to attach a save file and a papyrus log? Might help shed some light on the root cause.

That said it does sound like this is a conflict with something in Gate to Sovngarde. I had forgotten someone else had encountered this same issue previously with that list. We're not positive what the conflict is with yet though.

Very strange. My guess is Helvana is being ripped out of the shout scene before it completes properly. The exact cause will take some digging to figure out but a failsafe can be made quickly at least. The failsafe will make it into patch 2, if not the proper fix.

In the meantime if you'd like to progress the quest, you should be safe to enter "setstage kgcbard_mq06 95" in the console. That will set things to be right after the full shouting together sequences.

If you're up for sending a bit more info would you be able to attach a save file and a papyrus log? Might help shed some light on the root cause.

Here is a Onedrive link to the files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1euAZk7NusL891UuWsdoMXYhVbhG5a9Km?usp=drive_link

Let me know if that isn't what you need.

That said it does sound like this is a conflict with something in Gate to Sovngarde. I had forgotten someone else had encountered this same issue previously with that list. We're not positive what the conflict is with yet though.

On an interesting note, I set the stage of the quest to fight the dragon and its name is different, so maybe it is one of the dragon overhauls that's causing a conflict

Ah that one is probably NPCs Names Distributor overwriting the default name. I created a patch, should be available from here in the near future as I tossed it over to those who manage that page, but in the meantime can include it here. Just a small ini for SPID to read.

Attachments

I'm on the part of the quest: " A Dragon's Dirge" where you are supposed to join Helvana and Sledrig in using unrelenting force to shout at the frozen Dragon.

I am repeatedly shouting at the dragon with the two of them joining me, and nothing is happening.

I did have Stormcrown installed (It's a Vinilla+ Shout overhaul) but I uninstalled it and its still not working.

Does anyone know the quest code and the stage I need to set it to so I can continue or a possible fix?
Hey there, apologies for how long this has taken to get back to you, but we've been working on figuring out the conflict.

We have finally identified it as "Archery Gameplay Overhaul".

@Bobbyclue made a fix here which should allow the scene to continue!

Attachments

Last edited:
Specifically it is four of the turning animations included in Archery Gameplay Overhaul. They seem to have been improperly converted to Special Edition. I've taken the LE version of the animations and reconverted them here.

Attachments

Solution
Back