What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instruments not working

Scrafuffle

I know other people have asked this but looking through other threads hasn't yielded me any results (can't find people having the exact same problem/can't find a solution that has worked for me).

So yeah, I equip the instrument clothing and nothing happens. no instrument appears on the player, no sounds, no animations. For all intents and purposes it seems my character is holding an invisible shield. I can block with this invisible shield and punch with my free hand, but nothing else happens.

I am running Skyrim on the most up-to-date version and have NO downgrade patches. I use a modest amount of mods but can't think which - if any - could cause a conflict. This is the only problem I am experiencing with this mod.

Solution
Hi there. Unfortunately instruments will not work with any custom playable race without a patch, including those from COTR. I've included a patch for that specific mod here. We're in the process of writing up some documentation on how patches for other mods can be made as well.
Hi there! While this does sound close to a bug we've fixed, that usually results in an instrument appearing but no music playing. Is your character a mod added race by chance? That would require a compatibility patch to work properly with instruments.

I'm experiencing this issue as well.
I think the culprit might be COtR, which adds "new" races with more customisation. The vanilla game recognizes me as a breton, but it seems BCE doesn't.
I know you guys are busy, but if anyone knows how to patch the issue, let me know! I want to be both pretty and play my instruments!

I'm experiencing this issue as well.
I think the culprit might be COtR, which adds "new" races with more customisation. The vanilla game recognizes me as a breton, but it seems BCE doesn't.
I know you guys are busy, but if anyone knows how to patch the issue, let me know! I want to be both pretty and play my instruments!
Thank you for sharing this with us! I'll add to my list of conflicts to investigate.

But first, have you added the Race Compatibility patch here?

Thank you for sharing this with us! I'll add to my list of conflicts to investigate.

But first, have you added the Race Compatibility patch here?

Thank you! Unfortunately the patch did not fix the issue for me. Equipping the instruments does nothing, I can't see the model or use it in any way. :(

Thank you! Unfortunately the patch did not fix the issue for me. Equipping the instruments does nothing, I can't see the model or use it in any way. :(
Just to check, are you on PC? If so, please could you share your plugins.txt file?

Additionally, we would appreciate seeing your papyrus.0.log once you run into the issue. If you don't have papyrus logging enabled, you can do so here:

Then, load into your save, reproduce the bug, and upload your log. Hopefully this combination will help to shed some light on the issue.

I will investigate that race mod you specified too, thanks for the heads up!

Hi there. Unfortunately instruments will not work with any custom playable race without a patch, including those from COTR. I've included a patch for that specific mod here. We're in the process of writing up some documentation on how patches for other mods can be made as well.

Attachments

Solution
This fixed it for me, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to patch it for me! I really appreciate it!
Now I am both very cute and very musical. Thank you again.

UnSeelie female from Faerie Elves mod, also on the list of races not working when trying to use instruments earned from Olvus quests. tested confirmed when played a Nord female.
Also it didnt work when playing female Sun Elf race (midwood isle mod) in the prior build, and hadnt come across this forums and the reason of race being an issue for the bard instruments (thought I had broken my FNIS). 3BA/CBBE/TBD CBPC, all FNIS, XMPSE.

Faerie Elf race

Sun Elf Race
midwood mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28120

possible race compatibility patch?

Back