What's new
Kinggath Creations

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't enter bard college or start the quest (walking towards the college causes CTD)

Abnur_Tharn

So after days of troubleshooting I decided to just uninstall my downgraded skyrim and install a fresh updated skyrim. I updated all mods and everything works fine but trying to start the BCE in anyway causes CTD. been bashing my head against a wall for days lol and I thought updating would fix all my issues but nope

Here's my crashlog :

Solution
Can you please send me your load order.txt file? Your preferred mod manager should generate one for you. I'll see if I can reproduce this.
I finally managed to fix the issue after 10 hours. I uninstalled the mod, downloaded it again and verified the steam files. apparently the power outage I experienced last night corrupted some of the files aside from that the behavior injector needed to be updated for the latest update. I've been playing the mod for about an hour and it works perfectly. hope this thread helps somebody else as well

thank you for your time
So after days of troubleshooting I decided to just uninstall my downgraded skyrim and install a fresh updated skyrim. I updated all mods and everything works fine but trying to start the BCE in anyway causes CTD. been bashing my head against a wall for days lol and I thought updating would fix all my issues but nope

Here's my crashlog :

Here's the Papyrus log:

Hi there, sorry you're experiencing trouble starting Bard.

Can I double check - is the Creation properly enabled in your in-game Creations menu and in your preferred mod manager? As I have experienced a similar problem which occured when the Creation did not properly re-install/enable after updating.

Hi there, sorry you're experiencing trouble starting Bard.

Can I double check - is the Creation properly enabled in your in-game Creations menu and in your preferred mod manager? As I have experienced a similar problem which occured when the Creation did not properly re-install/enable after updating.
it did disable one time but I got an error before loading and enabled it again. I've tried this in two saves and still experience the crash. it's like the mod isn't being loaded into the game based on the logs

Can you please send me your load order.txt file? Your preferred mod manager should generate one for you. I'll see if I can reproduce this.
I finally managed to fix the issue after 10 hours. I uninstalled the mod, downloaded it again and verified the steam files. apparently the power outage I experienced last night corrupted some of the files aside from that the behavior injector needed to be updated for the latest update. I've been playing the mod for about an hour and it works perfectly. hope this thread helps somebody else as well

thank you for your time

Solution
Back